Michael Jankowski. Apartments. October 02nd , 2017.
If you are searching for inspiration in garden designs, you have approach to the right place. If you are trying to find inspiration for your outdoor home or you are ready to furnish your patio or porch, choosing modern garden design should be at the top of your list. Having comfortable furniture to relax, entertain, and dine on can make your outdoor home enjoyable and more importantly look gorgeous. Adding a feature to your garden or courtyard might include building a pergola. By definition a pergola is a structure or archway with a framework covered in climbing or trailing plants. It consists of posts and beams but no walls or roof. Freestanding or attached to your home, a pergola is usually designed to be a shaded walkway or relaxation area. A gazebo, on the other hand, is a free standing structure with a peaked roof, an open framework and a proper roof.
Here are tips for building or choosing a garden pergola, and what to consider before you do.
· Any feature or point of interest in your garden should still blend with the style or your home. Take time to research your pergola design.
· Council approval and/or permits should be obtained before work begins.
· Ensure the building materials are suitable for outdoor use. Metal pergolas are now available.
· A pergola must be built to withstand the elements. For example, bolts and screws should be used instead of nails to ensure the long term strength and safety of the structure.
· Pergola kits are available, however, unless you are an experienced and capable handyman consider using the services of an experienced builder.
· Always ask to see a builders credential and try to view any examples of their work if possible.
Either way, designing your garden should be a fun, relaxing experience. Green labyrinths, cobblestone pathways, small ponds, water fountains, colorful flowers and small round trees flanking your way around the yard- these are all elements that can induce a wonderful state. After all, there is nothing like enjoying a fresh morning surrounded by your own green refuge, or taking some well deserved time off in the afternoon, after a long day’s work. Enjoy the photos below and tell us if you find these garden ideas helpful, by leaving a comment below.
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does FNCBOX claim ownership or responsibility for such items, and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.